Monday, November 27, 2017

Recuperation journey: Sad to learn of passing of a former colleague

Yesterday I was saddened to read of the passing Wednesday of Seymour resident Pauline Lounsbury, longtime reporter for the former Evening Sentinel

Reading her obituary reminded me of what a great reporter Pauline was - no one could cover Seymour more thoroughly and with more sources than she! 

We were a small staff, and Pauline often worked mornings by herself in a tiny bureau on Bank Street in Seymour before she arrived in the Ansonia newsroom. I remember her jokingly refer to herself as the "chief of the Seymour bureau." 

Pauline is the fourth journalist with whom I worked closely for 14 years at the Sentinel who sadly has passed away. 

I send my sincere condolences to Pauline's family. May she rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment