Sunday, January 24, 2021

Recuperation journey: It's always something

Not a good place for a vehicle to give out.


Feeling stressed, yet blessed.

With all that is going on in the world I've been feeling stressed - I realize I'm certainly not alone! It has been a wild 11 months.

But knowing I have caring family and friends  makes me feel blessed.


Yesterday afternoon I was driving our wheelchair accessible van on Division Street after filling the gas tank. 

We had just had a new fuel pump installed the day before. I thought all was OK but alas it was far from it. 

The van died as I was about to go over the train tracks. Everything was off so I couldn’t even put on my hazard lights. 

Local readers know just how much non-stop traffic there is on Division Street on a Saturday afternoon! 

I hopped out of the car, not knowing when the train would be coming by. Three guys stopped to help to no avail.

I am grateful I had my phone with me and was able to reach the place where the van was serviced the day before! 

When I told the owner where I was he immediately drove over with the tow truck and rescued my van … and me. 


I’m feeling very blessed that nothing bad happened. It was a little scary but it all worked out. 

Long story short, more work needs to be done on the van Monday. A new alternator perhaps? 




1 comment:

  1. Yikes!! Glad they were able to get there quickly and get the van - and you - off the tracks. Scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete