Friday, July 14, 2017

Recuperation journey: 'It's magical'

I got happy news at the transplant clinic Thursday. My test results looked good to the health-care professionals and two of them told me I'm doing great.

My nephrologist was happy to hear I'm feeling fine and told me, "Sometimes it can be magical."
That's so true! 

I also met a woman Thursday who had her kidney transplant in May a day after I had mine. 
She said she feels "100 percent" better than before. 
She also told me she wasn't nervous at all beforehand. Once I was committed to the idea I wasn't anxious either.
I was counting down the days, and really couldn't wait to have the transplant done.

But we agreed that our husbands were much more nervous before the surgery than we were.

The whole experience has been nothing short of a miracle. 
I've had zero pain, and only a few manageable side effects from all the medications. 

Magical indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment