Thursday, June 15, 2017

Recuperation journey: Feeling fortunate

Today I want to write about how grateful I am to the health-care professionals who are closely following my post-transplant progress.


Everyone I've met on the transplant team has been so kind and helpful. They make sure to address all of my concerns - few though they may be. 

Suffice it to say they make the whole experience a lot less difficult than I might have anticipated. In fact, it's not difficult at all.

I was at the clinic earlier today, and at the risk of jinxing myself, I can report that I'm doing well in my recuperation. 

I hope by writing these posts I may help allay the fears of someone in need of a transplant, or at the very least raise awareness of the importance of organ donation.

Although I still haven't met my donor, I pray that day will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment