Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Recuperation journey: Making some art

DERBY - I ventured out of the house Monday evening with my daughter to attend a watercolor workshop led by Valley Arts Council President Rich DiCarlo at Derby Public Library.


Rich DiCarlo teaches a step-by-step method of painting a dilapidated old truck. 
My version.

I hadn't attended a water color class in more than a year, and my painting skills are certainly lacking. Water colors are tricky.

I wasn't going to post my creation, but decided I might as well. I'll keep it small to minimize the many mistakes. I'm told they can be fixed.

Creating art is always fun, and Monday it also was therapeutic. 
It was good to get out and join the outside world for awhile! And daughter Allegra enjoyed herself too.


No comments:

Post a Comment