Friday, June 1, 2018

Recuperation journey: Another vintage photo

The strangest feeling came over me when I uncovered this photo at the same time I found my mother's First Holy Communion photo from 1932, which I posted Monday.

It was strange because I didn't recognize my beloved maternal grandparents. 
At least I think it's them, since the photo was among my mother's things. I don't recognize them in their 20s. 
Naturally I knew them when they were in their 60s, 70s, and 80s. Time does its thing. 

I imagine what was in store for them, the stock market crash in 1929, the Great Depression, unemployment, the landlady knocking on the door looking for rent money (I heard stories about that) and World War II. My mother always said they were happy, and didn't think about being poor.

I have so little information about my grandparents in their early days. 
How did they meet? Was it before or after he served in The Great War in France?
Everyone's family history needs to be preserved for future generations. It's interesting and it's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment