Thursday, October 12, 2017

Recuperation journey: Having a margarita! in Seymour

SEYMOUR - As we have in the past my daughter Allegra and I went to Hot Tamale Mexican Grill and Bar Wednesday night to celebrate Seymour Pink Day. 
The place was packed with supporters of Seymour Pink, a community's fight against breast cancer. 
The restaurant donates 20 percent of the day's proceeds to the nonprofit. 

And I had a margarita, which is not like me. If anything I'll  order a glass of red wine with dinner. 

However, when my nephrologist gave me the OK to imbibe a bit several months after my May 9 kidney transplant, I admit I was thrilled. 
He said, "Have a margarita! You didn't go through all this to not enjoy life."

Actually when I visit the clinic each medical professional ends the appointment with a similar message. "Enjoy your life," they tell me with a smile.   

The waitress asked me if I wanted a flavor. I had no idea margaritas came in different flavors. Haha. And I went without the salt. 
It was good, but I'm not a huge fan. I prefer a Cabernet or Pinot Noir, truth be told. 


No comments:

Post a Comment