Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Recuperation journey: Retired AHS principal seeking kidney donor

On Monday I spoke with Wilhemenia Christon, retired Ansonia High School principal.

She told me she has Polycystic Kidney Disease, and is on the transplant list at Yale-New Haven Hospital. She is hoping to find a living donor who will be a match for her.

I also have PKD.
I told her I'd post this information on my blog to help get the word out she's seeking help. 

Raising awareness and helping others with renal disease is exactly why I'm revealing so much about myself in these series of post-transplant posts. Now I hope to help Wilhemenia get a kidney transplant as I did. 

If anyone is interested in being tested to see if they are a match she asks them to please call the Yale-New Haven Hospital transplant center at 203-785-2565.

No comments:

Post a Comment