Monday, August 3, 2015

Mistakes can be funny; best thing to do is 'fess up


Woops.

Even former copy editors need a proofreader now and then. 

I know one should not take oneself too seriously, but I'm embarrassed.

I made a mistake last night writing a title for a post about an upcoming presentation at the Derby Public Library.

I wrote: 

Normal Rockwell's life topic of talk at Derby Library


I read it over, as I always do, but still didn't catch my error.

It took a former colleague from the former Evening Sentinel to point it out to me this afternoon. I immediately fixed the mistake, and thanked her profusely!

So in the spirit of "transparency," a word that is bandied about a bit too much these days, I thought I would 'fess up.

And while I'm at it I'll blame everything on the August heat and humidity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment