Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Mangling a classic song and amusing myself

In the first week post-transplant my doctors gave to me: five Prograf, four CellCept, two Prednisone, and an Acyclovir three times a day.

I'm taking several more meds, but that would ruin the "Twelve Days of Christmas" melody I attempted to replicate.

The meds are for anti-rejection and anti-infection. I'm getting the hang of when to take what and how many.

And how, you might ask, have they affected moi? 

Two words: weird dreams. The kind of weirdness you're too embarrassed to share with your closest family and friends. 
I hope they will taper off eventually. Fingers crossed!

Besides popping pills, my daily schedule includes checking my blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and weight for any major changes.

A visiting nurse came to see me yesterday; I think she is only going to visit once more. We agreed it doesn't seem necessary.

This continues to be a non-stop adventure, but it gives me something to blog about when I'm home by myself during the day. 

I certainly don't want to get squirrelly.






No comments:

Post a Comment