Monday, May 22, 2017

On midnight snacks and a need to relax

Two hours of tossin' and turnin' is my limit.
It's 12:30 a.m. and I'm back up. And writing on the computer (but I guess you could figure that part out).

I hardly slept Saturday night and had hoped to recoup several hours of sleep Sunday. But I only napped for an hour. A long snooze wasn't in the cards.

I'm considering having a midnight snack. I can't remember the last time I had a true midnight snack. I think I may have been in college (!)


Since peanut butter is a high potassium and high phosphorus food, I was told to avoid it on the renal diet I had to follow pre-transplant. 
But now I can consume it. 
PB & J sandwiches are a newfound treat.
I think I'll have peanut butter on a few low-sodium crackers. Maybe that will bring some sleep. 



No comments:

Post a Comment