Friday, January 4, 2019

Recuperation journey: Friendly encounter at the counter

When I got up this morning I discovered we had run out of coffee.
I realize it's not the end of the world, but I felt I needed to run to my local DD and get some coffee. So I did. 
I ordered a small (was trying to be good) and gave the person at the counter my rewards card. He swiped it and gave it back.

When he turned to wait on the next customer he realized I "underpaid" and he told me I owed him 15 cents. 
I started to get my wallet when the friendly young couple behind me took out some change and paid for me. 
I said thank you and the guy said, "No problem. It's only 15 cents."

True, it's only 15 pennies, but the random kindness from strangers took me by surprise. It doesn't usually happen!

I suppose now it's my turn to pay it forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment