Saturday, July 7, 2018

Recuperation journey: Fun with wildlife


Peanut shell in shrub; photo taken Saturday evening.

This is a long story that has been going on for a while around here. One of our neighbors has been putting peanuts out for our local wildlife. 

The squirrels and blue jays are particularly happy about that. 
They seem to be playing a game with whole peanuts and empty shells. We find them everywhere in the yard.
I think they may be hiding them from each other.
This morning Ralph saw a blue jay hide a peanut in the shrub (pictured above). The blue jay knows where it is, but I'm pretty sure the squirrels are clueless.

Turns out I wrote about this exactly five months ago! Ralph just reminded me of that fact, and here's the link.

I'm easily amused, and thought it would be fun to again share our ongoing peanut saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment