Monday, April 3, 2017

Pardon my French, but ...

being sick sucks.

And being sick when you are a caregiver sucks more.

And what really takes the cake is when you end up giving your patient whatever you have. Husband Ralph is sick now, courtesy of me.


I've been composing this blog post in my head for several days as I have been spending most of my time lying in bed.

I realize it's just a dry cough, runny nose, lose your voice, body ache kind of situation. 
And there are much more serious things with which to deal ... and we do. 

Ironically it seems easier to deal with bigger issues; Ralph has a form of Muscular Dystrophy and it almost seems more manageable than the "common cold." After more than 20 years of him using a wheelchair, it's part of our daily routine.

We normally put together a newsletter on Mondays but today just was not the day. We had to call in sick - to each other.

Here's hoping we'll both feel better tomorrow so we can return to doing what we need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment