Monday, October 5, 2020

Recuperation journey: Going nutty

Yesterday I drove past a squirrel on the next street that had been hit by a car. 

My first thought was "I hope it wasn't one of mine." 

I've gotten to "know" the few that are around the yard and have started putting peanuts out for them. I assume they're the same squirrels every day. 

This is from someone who never liked squirrels - I had always thought of them as rats with fluffy tails. And I had no interest in watching them or taking pictures of them. 

Apparently things have changed. I do admire their work ethic. They are always so busy! 


The photo below I took at Pickett's Pond in Derby is one of my favorites. I call it "Sittin' on the dock of the bay."


I hope this post took your mind off of the state of the world - at least for a few minutes. I know it helped me to write it!


No comments:

Post a Comment