Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Recuperation journey: Fingers crossed

You know when you suddenly have an idea and then wonder why you hadn't thought of it sooner?
That happened to me this week, and today I acted on it.

I've slowly been going through my mother's things and there are boxes filled with lots of old photos, some of which are of people I don't recognize.
I found a few of my mother with her older brother, and of her brother's daughter, who is my only first cousin on my mother's side.
It dawned on me that I should try to locate her.

Thanks to the Internet I think I found her - fortunately I remembered her married name - and today I sent her a letter, and a print of a photo that I'm pretty sure is of her when she was about 4. I met her once or maybe twice when I was really young.  

Today I mailed the letter and now my fingers are crossed that she will get back in touch with me. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment