Friday, April 13, 2018

Recuperation journey: April is National Donate Life Month

Celebrated in April each year, National Donate Life Month features local, regional, and national activities to help encourage Americans to register as organ, eye, and tissue donors and to celebrate those that have saved lives through the gift of donation.

As I approach my one-year anniversary in May of receiving a kidney from an altruistic donor I wanted to share this reminder about organ donation. 
I celebrate her and I could never thank her enough! 
I also celebrate Ralph's sister Suzanne, who originally came forward last year to donate to me, but her kidney went to another needy Connecticut resident who also was suffering with kidney disease.

Consider registering to be an organ donor! It's the best gift you can give another person.


No comments:

Post a Comment