Saturday, March 10, 2018

Recuperation journey: A special night with friends

Donna Hayes, oncology social worker at the Center for Cancer Care at Griffin Hospital in Derby, left, and moi, having fun even before Friday's event had started. 'Nuf said.


Last night I felt like I was looking at the world through rose-colored glasses.
The Seymour Pink fund-raising event I attended, A Pink Night to Remember, was uplifting and inspiring. 
A feeling of love and support for the mission of Seymour Pink, A Community's Fight Against Breast Cancer, filled a huge dining room at The Waterview in Monroe. 
And almost everyone was wearing a shade of pink.
Board members, volunteers, and breast cancer survivors including my "survivor sisters" from Griffin Hospital's Circle of Friends support group were there, as were their friends and family members.

It was my first time attending this wonderful event. I'm already looking forward to next year. 

Stay tuned for more coverage in our next issue of The Valley Voice newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment