Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Recuperation journey: Back to Brooklyn

Happy to report our son, Cameron, who had an accident riding his bike on a beautiful Sunday in October and needed surgery to repair a broken hip, is back to his apartment in Brooklyn. 
Yesterday was the big day. 
I was happy for him but sad for me. I certainly got used to him being here. We celebrated Halloween, his birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's with him at home.

I'm grateful he is much, much better after eight weeks of physical therapy at Griffin Hospital in Derby. 
I watched the whole process and the therapists who worked with him were amazing! I want to give a big shout-out to all of them, and thank them for everything. 
They gave him exercises and he followed them at home, which of course also helped hasten his recuperation journey. I hope he continues to do them. 
Cameron went from using a walker, to crutches, to one crutch, to a cane. He didn't need the cane around the house, but will need it for a while when he is out in public. 

The neighborhood where Cameron lives. Photo taken through the windshield by Ralph.

No comments:

Post a Comment