Thursday, December 28, 2017

Recuperation journey: Kidney-themed gifting

Gimme a K! Gimme an I! Gimme a D! and so forth 
Daughter Allegra surprised me with this lovely purple kidney key fob for Christmas. 

Meanwhile I had sent my wonderful donor, West Hartford resident Robin Gilmartin, a kidney-shaped key fob Christmas gift, just for fun. 
She had given me a kidney key fob when we met in July at a press conference at Yale-New Haven Hospital. 
We were part of an 18-person kidney transplant chain and that was the first time we had met. 

She had ordered the kidney fob on a website where one can buy kidney-shaped jewelry and other items. 
Who knew there was kidney transplant jewelry? Not I. 
It's fun to look at what's available. 
Click here to check it out.

And to view the I Heart Guts site my daughter found, click here, if you have the guts. 

* Kidney transplants are also the theme of today's Valley Voice newsletter. Please check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment