Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Recuperation journey: Trying my hand at water colors (again)

Valley Arts Council prez teaches water color painting at Derby Public Library

Valley Arts Council President Rich DiCarlo leads a step-by-step class in water color painting Monday at Derby Public Library. At upper right is DiCarlo's portrait of a woman that the class followed.

Here's what I drew to start: It was the easy part of the class.

As I've said before, using water color paints is quite the challenge. I was trying not to get frustrated by the drips and drops of water on my paper. One needs to do a lot of blotting and wiping throughout the process.


Class members work on their paintings.


One man's final product.

My daughter, Allegra, and I weren't too happy with our final products. 
She doesn't want to keep hers; I won't go that far! 
But I don't think I'll post a picture of my version.

Meanwhile we'll look forward to DiCarlo's next class when we'll try again to get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment