Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Recuperation journey: More about naps and, ahem, aging

The napping elf got me today. 

I wrote about naps in this post last week. 
The word nap is short for Natural Aging Process, in my humble opinion. 

Naps are often necessary when a kidney transplant recipient like myself doesn't sleep well at night - thanks to the twice-daily cocktail of meds I must take. 
The medication must be the cause of my interrupted sleep. The melatonin suggestion didn't seem to help at all. 

But taking all the meds is a small price to pay to stay healthy and take care of my new kidney.

For the past two days I was proud of myself because I "powered" through the afternoon without taking a rejuvenating nap. 
But today I really needed one. So I caved in! 
The afternoon snooze gave me enough energy to face the rest of what I had to do today, such as make dinner and do a load of laundry.

Sleepless in the Valley: That could be a good title for this post. 
Guess I can use that one next time, if this annoying problem persists.

No comments:

Post a Comment