Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Recuperation journey: Buh-bye, Acyclovir

Today is the three-month anniversary of my transplant surgery. 
That means the first birthday party I'm planning to host for my new kidney will be in just nine months! 

Since I'm now three months out, today is the last day I have to take an anti-viral infection medication (Acyclovir). 

I was able to stop taking an anti-fungal pill after the first month, and after six months I'm looking forward to stopping an anti-bacterial infection medication, Bactrim. 

I am recording this journey for my own records, but also because I hope to raise awareness of the importance of organ donation. 
If you're a healthy adult, please consider becoming an organ donor. 
It really is the best gift you can give to another person.

No comments:

Post a Comment