Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Recuperation journey: Feels like a milestone

First off, I truly appreciate everyone who is following my current journey. 

I hope writing about my experience here raises awareness of Polycystic Kidney Disease and of the importance of organ donation. 
Maybe someone out there will be inspired to consider being a living kidney donor.
My wonderful sister-in-law Sue did just that, and through her selflessness a stranger received a kidney, as did I. 

This is Week 7 of my having a new kidney, and at the risk of jinxing myself I have to say I feel better than I have in years! I seem to have newfound energy. 

Today I even brought back a bunch of bottles and cans for redemption and made a dent in the pile of empties in my car. If you peered into my car windows you'd think I had become a hoarder. I didn't; I just wasn't out and about.

Thank you, thank you to my anonymous donor. I hope I get a chance to meet you someday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment