Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Ansonia WPCA cuts sewer fee, wins plaudits


ANSONIA - As Ansonia residents my husband, Ralph, and I were pleased to learn Tuesday from Mayor David S. Cassetti that the Water Pollution Control Authority had voted July 1 to reduce our sewer use rate by 5.35 percent.

The reduction was primarily attributed to an approximately $95,000 decrease in the WPCA's operational budget.

Cassetti thanked the WPCA and its chairman, Nunzio Parente, for putting the interests of residents first.

"I firmly believe tax and fee reduction is absolutely essential to growing our business base and moving Ansonia forward," Cassetti said in a press release Tuesday.

I admit I'm not good with numbers, but I do know this action will help us and many of our fellow taxpayers.

Thank you, members of the WPCA, for reducing the financial burden on homeowners like ourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment