Monday, May 18, 2015

Valley Arts Council prez pens post that touches many readers

Do unto others ...
DERBY - Valley Arts Council President Rich DiCarlo wrote on Facebook about an experience he had Friday at the Gallery @ 37.

His post and photo reprinted with permission below got many Facebook likes. 



That man way down at the corner is Joe, a widower, veteran, and a gentle soul who strolled into the gallery to admire a cat painting that Johnny had on display in the gallery sidewalk sale.
He told me all about his kitten and the joy it brought into his life and how he now can't wait to get home. He looked at the painting and told me how one of the kittens looks just like his friend ... I told him it was only fifteen dollars... He said he couldn't afford it so he walked away ... He got two doors down ... 
'Hey Joe!' I called. He walked back. I handed him the painting and told him 'you forgot your painting.'
Every once in a while...little things take precedence ... Yeah our lights are out and the arts council needs the money... [but] there are many things in life more important than the money."

I wonder if UI knows that.



No comments:

Post a Comment