Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Seymour Pink gets donation from founder of dissolved nonprofit



I saw this earlier today on the Facebook page of Seymour Pink founder Mary Deming. 

It's a wonderful story about kindness and the true meaning of giving back to the community. 
As a breast cancer survivor who is extremely grateful for the support I have received from Seymour Pink I thought I'd share it here.

Mary Deming wrote:

"Two years ago I met a woman who was participating in the Relay for Life with the Brave at Heart support group out of Harold Leever Cancer Center in Waterbury. 
"She shared with me that many years ago she began a nonprofit organization whose mission was to treat and assist breast cancer patients suffering from Lymphedema. She decided that it was time based on many factors to dissolve her nonprofit.

"Yesterday afternoon, Carmelita Rifkin, founder of STAR Lymphedema Network, Inc. chose to transfer all the funds from her nonprofit to Seymour Pink. Yesterday afternoon, Carmelita met with me and some of our board members and presented us with a check for $4,368.41!!!!!!!!!! 

"There are no words for that act of kindness! THANK YOU Carmelita and trust that we will continue to help those with Lymphedema wherever possible!"


No comments:

Post a Comment