Friday, September 7, 2018

Recuperation journey: Needle felted pumpkins!

Class photo
My daughter Allegra and I attended another needle felting party Friday evening at Lizzie's Corner Consignment and Gifts, 36 Bank St. 
Our teacher, Kayleigh Mihalko, showed us how to make needle felted pumpkins just in time for fall decorating.

Allegra and I each created two of them, since they were slightly easier to make than some of our previous endeavors: cacti, sheep, bees, and snowmen. There was a bit less detail involved. 
Some of the participants were brave enough to attach vines to the stems. I left well enough alone!

One of my creations.


I layered two shades of orange fiber for this one.
It's definitely fun to make recognizable items out of strands of wool fiber. We're looking forward to the next class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment